Sunday, October 9, 2011

Welcome to Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge Blog!

Hi there!  I am sooooo excited to welcome you to my new challenge blog - Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenges!  This challenge blog is dedicated to.... you guessed it - ATC's!  ATC's are Artist Trading Cards.  They are mini works of art - the only real "rules" are that they must be 3.5 x 2.5 inches.  You can use any supplies, mediums, etc. that you want - here are a few websites that you can browse for some ideas:

ATC's for All


Art in Your Pocket ATC Gallery


New challenges will be posted every Wednesday morning, along with a theme for the week.  Our generous sponsors will provide the Design Team (please see link above for Design Team page, with links to their individual websites/blogs, as well) with images, which we will be creating our weekly ATC with.  The random winner of each challenge will receive the same image as their prize, along with a winner's badge for their blog/website.  We will also choose a Top 3 each week, who will be sent a "Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge Top 3" badge for their blog.

Just some info about ATC's - they are typically more... poetic, "edgy", dramatic... than cards.  They are meant to be kept or traded, never sold, which to me means I'm free to do whatever I want - sometimes I use handwriting on my ATC's, something I'd never do on a card.  I also like to sit with a magazine at night and cut out words from ads, articles, etc. and I keep them in a plastic baggie - I then piece them together to create a poem or sentence (or just random words!) on an ATC.  Here are just a few ATC's I've made over the past few months:

 Images from Dilly Beans & Tiddly Inks - cardstock from Crate Paper - ribbon & inks from Stampin' Up!

 Image from Just Some Lines - entire ATC was coated with Mod Podge and sprinkled with glitter.

 All supplies from Stampin' Up!

Please come back for our first challenge on Wednesday - I'll also introduce you to my fabulous Design Team!  We are super excited and can't wait to share our creations with you and see what you can come up with!  Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck With the new blog Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Yay!! Yippee!!! We're live... this will be a fun journey.... so glad to be here!
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really great ATC's. I am so looking forward for Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete